How To Link Aadhaar Card With Mobile Number From Home?
Aadhaar Card Mobile Number Linking : How To Link Aadhaar Card With Mobile Number Without going to service centres ? Yes you can link your 16- digit Aadhaar number with mobile sim from your home only. Mobile user of telecom companies are getting messages and calls from operators to get Aadhaar numbers linked with mobile numbers. So here we provide you some easy steps to link Aadhaar Card with Sim or mobile number.
Related : Taj Mahal Removed To UP Tourism Booklet
Why to link Aadhaar Card with Sim Mobile Numbers?
Telecom Authority of India under Government of India made mandatory to link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number and last date is 31st March 2018. If you will not be able to link your aadhar number with your mobile number, you wouldn’t be able to use services on your sim card.
Benefits of Linking Aadhar to Sim Card
- You Sim will remain your own others can’t use it for forgery.
- In case of you sim card is lost it will be easily trace.
- Other frauds or spam callers will be reduced as they require a proper id proof for using sim cards.
How To Check Registered Mobile Number With Aadhaar Card?
You can check registered mobile number with your Aadhaar Card at Uidai Official Website.
What To Do if Your Aadhaar Number Don’t have Registered Mobile Number?
Security wise Linking of Aadhaar Card with Mobile Numbers is beneficial but in these steps there are many loop holes as many of Aadhaar Card don’t have registered mobile number on which you will receive an OTP. As this register number will be mandatory for linking sim to Aadhar number.
For registering mobile number with your Aadhaar Number you need to go to the nearest Aadhar Card Seva Kedra to get it done.
If you have a mobile number that is registered with your Aadhaar Card then you can easily link your Aadhar Number with sim card. Aadhaar Card Mobile Number Sim Linking can be done from home just by dialling 14546 from your mobile number. It is a toll free number and your can link your aadhaar number with mobile sim through IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System).
Steps To Connect or Link Aadhaar Card With Mobile Number Sim Card
- Call 14546 from your mobile.
- Select the appropriate language.
- On being asked whether an Indian or an NRI, choose the respective option .
- The IVR process will then ask for your consent to link Aadhaar card number with your mobile number by pressing 1. Click 1.
- You will be asked your 12-digit Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm. In case your Aadhaar input was incorrect, you get another option to provide the Aadhaar number.
- An OTP will be generated and sent to your mobile.
- Next, IVR process will require your mobile number after which you will have to give consent to your mobile operator to pick your personal details like name, photo, and date of birth from their records.
- IVR will now read the last four digits of your mobile number to re-confirm your provided number.
- Once, the re-confirmation is done, users can provide the OTP received via SMS.
- After entering the OTP, you will be required to press 1 to complete the process.
Now you will receive a text message that the verification is successful. Hence the mobile number is now linked to the Aadhaar.