Holi is one of the most celebrated festivals in India. We have got the best collection of Happy Holi 2018 Images Pictures, WhatsApp Status SMS Messages Wishes Quotes exclusively for you. Send these beautiful images and pictures to your friends, relatives, family and close ones on this auspicious festival. Everyone celebrates Holi, from children to adults, youth to aged, boys and girls.
Why is Holi Celebrated?
Holi is the festival of colours. It is considered as second biggest festival on Hindu calendar after Diwali.
There is a symbolic legend to explain why Holi is celebrated as a festival of colors in the honor of Hindu Lord Vishnu and his follower Prahlada. King Hiranyakashipu. was the king of demonic Asuras, and had earned a blessing that gave him five special powers: he could be killed by neither a human being nor an animal, neither indoors nor outdoors, neither at day nor at night, neither by astra (projectile weapons) nor by any shastra (handheld weapons), and neither on land nor in water or air. Hiranyakashipu grew arrogant, thought he was God, and demanded that everyone worship only him. Hiranyakashipu’s own son, Prahlada, disagreed. He remained devoted to Vishnu. He gave Prahlada cruel punishments, none of which affected the boy or his resolve to do what he thought was right. Finally, Holika, Prahlada’s evil aunt, tricked him into sitting on a pyre with her. Holika was wearing a cloak that made her immune to injury from fire, while Prahlada was not. As the fire roared, the cloak flew from Holika and encased Prahlada, who survived while Holika burned. Vishnu, the god who appears as an avatar to restore Dharma in Hindu beliefs, took the form of Narasimha – half human and half lion, at dusk (when it was neither day nor night), took Hiranyakashyapu at a doorstep (which was neither indoors nor outdoors), placed him on his lap (which was neither land, water nor air), and then eviscerated and killed the king with his lion clawsThe Holika bonfire and Holi signifies the celebration of the symbolic victory of good over evil, of Prahlada over Hiranyakashipu, and of the fire that burned Holika.
When is Holi 2018 Date?
It is a two day Spring festival with the first day called Chhoti or Holika Dahan and the second day called Dhuleti or Rangwali Holi.
In 2018, Holi is on March 2, with Holika Dahan on March 1 2018.
Happy Holi 2018 Wishes
1. I wish you to have a colorful and joy able holi… May the color of happiness fulfill your life’s Journey throughout the Life. Happy Holi!
2. Best Wishes to you for a Holi filled with sweet memories and moments to have it for very Long. Happy Holi 2018!
3. May the shines of this Holi brighten your path towards progress and continued success. Happy Holi!
4. May this splendid festival spread colorful joy, wealth, celebration and remove sorrows and ignorance in your life. Happy Holi!
Happy Holi 2018 Images Pictures, WhatsApp Status SMS Messages Wishes Quotes
5. Have a wonderful year filled with peace, prosperity, joy, happiness. Happy Holi.
6. Through you are away this Holi you are always with me in my thoughts, thinking You and looking forward to seeing you soon. Happy Holi!
7. May this season of color bring you cheer and happiness. May the colors of the Holi continues to illuminate your life and guide you towards the path of success. Happy Holi!
8. May the spirit of Holi bring you joy. The gladness of Holi give you Hope. The warmth of Holi grant you cheer. Happy Holi!
9. May the color balloons of Holi fill your Life with Joy and happiness. Happy Holi 2018!
Happy Holi Text Messages
10. I don’t want much for Holi. I just want the person reading this to be healthy, happy and loved. Wishing you a very Happy HOLI!
11. May this holi brings the color of success, prosperity and happiness in your and Yours loved one’s life!
12. Happy Holi to a friend who always keeps me on high spirited. Happy Holi!
13. On Holi when there will be lot of fun and bright colors splashing every where. Happy Holi!
14. I just know that i’m thinking about you and wishing that my warm wishes ass up to your CHEER! Happy Holi!
15. Best wishes Holi is the time to develop understanding and love for each other! Happy Holi!
16. Every color of Holi speaks how beautiful our friendship is! Happy Holi!
17. A joy of colorful stream I hope you are in this with me. Happy Holi my dear friend…
18. May God paint the canvas of your life with the most beautiful colors! Wish you a very happy and colorful Holi!
19. Dipped in hues of love and trust has come the festival of HOLI. Happy Holi